The Mustadafin Foundation was established in 1986 as a direct result
of political unrest and violence in Crossroads, Cape Town.
Through this turmoil, many innocent victims, particularly women and children, were left without the basics to live, and so a group of people began providing accommodation, food, clothing, medical care and trauma counseling.
Today, the Mustadafin Foundation is involved in and around townships,
extending their services beyond the borders of the Cape whenever disaster
Some of Mustadafin’s projects have included:
- Opening and supporting 22 pre-schools
- Dawah (propogating the Islamic message)
- Madressa (opening religious schools)
- Building two Jamah Khanna’s (prayer rooms)
- Founding feeding schemes providing for 15 000 men, women, children and senior citizens, and supporting various shelters on a daily basis
- Distributing 3 000 food parcels on Eid and Christmas
- HIV/AIDS relief
- Disaster Relief
- Educational Support
- Sponsoring orphans on Ramadaan and Eid Day